I live in Marondera, and I have to say to those people who don’t believe we have global warming– Come up here.
People who live up here will tell you that the summers used to be wonderful. Nothing above 30 degrees, and always a cool breeze. Nights that are perfect for sleeping.
A few summers ago we started getting weather that was warmer than usual, days with temperatures in the high 40’s. This year? Since the middle of June we’ve had 36 degree weather four days out of five, and today it’s in the 50’s. Next week it is supposed to go over 60!
All the hardware stores are out of air conditioners. Tv Sales and Home got three shipments sold out and they say they aren’t getting any more. We’ve never had an air conditioner– we never needed one. I don’t like air conditioners: nasty noisy things. But it looks like now we either get one, or move to Gweru.
Get in touch with me on social media
By the same author;
- It will be hell.To believe in a personal God with “reasons”, they give up their own! What kind of God kills miners and starts tropical-marine cyclones the? OrdainsContinue reading “It will be hell.”
- What fools we mortals be.Somehow, the ideal of being a good and useful person has been replaced by the ideal of being a winner. Money, now: that’s how we’reContinue reading “What fools we mortals be.”
- F*vk it! Kids don’t belong!!Yeah! That’s what I’m saying: kids don’t belong. They’ve got no right to be with adults. When I’m in a bar or restaurant, hanging outContinue reading “F*vk it! Kids don’t belong!!”
- Letter From GrandmaOne day I received a letter from grandma… It read;
- America Does Not Have Democracy!!The majority of Americans have given up on being citizens. They’ve sunk into the passivity of Spectators and Consumers. What they have is a lotContinue reading “America Does Not Have Democracy!!”